DYC Ramp Use
Standard Operating Procedure
16 Nov 2015
Membership in the Dahlgren Yacht Club (DYC) automatically binds the member to agree to the following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). General requirements pertaining to this and and all other DYC SOP are covered in the Master SOP.
Boat Launch Ramp
Members, guests and MWR patrons with rented canoes are the only authorized users of the ramp.
Risks in using the Ramp.
- The end of the ramp is marked on the dock.
- Do not back your trailer past the end of the ramp as there is a drop off that trailer wheels will fall into!!! This drop off is caused by propeller backwash of boats being driven onto trailers when hauled out of the water.
- At low tide it may not be possible to launch due to insufficient water before the end of the ramp.
Rules for Use
- LOCK THE CHAIN BEFORE YOU LEAVE! ROTATE THE SETTING ON THE LOCK IMMEDIATELY AFTER OPENING IT!
- All Boats will immediately clear the ramp after launching.
- Loading and off-loading of equipment shall be accomplished from the floating dock, before moving boat into launching/recovery position.
- Do not block ramp access by loading, unloading or getting ice while parked in front of the dockhouse.
- Washing of boats will be accomplished in the wash area adjacent to the ramp. Replace the hose. Do Not Block Ramp.
- Vehicles with trailers shall park north of the dockhouse, on fence side of the road, in the area marked "Long Term Parking" and not in the marked slots adjacent to the dock. If the area along the fence is full, the overflow parking shall be used.
This procedure supersedes all previous DYC instructions concerning operation of the this portion of the DYC facilities.